Speech for Toddler Sprouts (Shorewood)
Time & Location
About the Event
Led by a local speech-language pathologist, this unique 8-week class will focus on play and development of 12-24 month olds. Every child has their own unique path in their development, a path that is a journey for parents as well. As children begin to grow, most parents have questions and/or concerns about the multi-faceted and ever-changing child in front of them. Children who are in the 12-24 month age group may be learning to walk, talk, play with others, and think differently about their world as they move from infant to toddler.
This unique 8-week class will be a small group of children in the 12-24 month age range with one parent in attendance. Classes will be held once per week for 60 minutes. The group will be led by Kelly Shaw, MS CCC SLP, local speech-language pathologist, and will include:
- Education for parents around your child’s communication, social, cognitive, and play skill development, tailored to the interests and needs of the group. An emphasis will be placed on looking at the whole child and how skills can connect to other areas of our development.
- A fun, enriching play environment to connect with your child and practice strategies or skills that have been discussed in the group.
- Connections with other parents experiencing similar wins and challenges as their child grows.
- Opportunities to have individual conversations with a speech-language pathologist about questions or resources around typical development.
A speech-language pathologist has expertise in how a child develops their communication skills, thinking skills, play skills, and feeding skills, all of which are common areas for parents to be curious about.
Have questions or want to talk more about this group before signing up? Join us at a Virtual Meet and Greet on Thursday, September 23rd from 12:00-12:30. Kelly will give a brief overview of the group and answer any questions parents may have before signing up!
THE NITTY GRITTY
All adults in attendance will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the group. Adults will be mindful of social distancing measures while indoors. Capacity of the group is limited to 8 kids.
Parents who register agree to sign forms deemed appropriate for the group (i.e. statement of understanding for services, consent form for services, and statements related to general privacy practices). Forms will be available for signing on the first day of the group.
- Toddler Ticket$240$2400$0