We're created 3 easy to make, constructions paper cards to gift mom this year! Follow our picture tutorials to guide you through each one.
1. FLOWER CARD
Materials Needed : Construction paper card, green paper grass, light green paper for leaves, green string, assorted flower pieces, beads, glue (not included).
1. Cut out your leaf shapes out of the light green construction paper.
2. Glue the leaves and green string onto the front of your card as the stalk for your flower.
3. Glue the green grass over the bottom of your stalk.
4. Glue your first flower piece onto the card. Continue gluing additional flowers to created a layer effect.
5. Glue a bead onto the flower stack as the center of your flower.
6. Add your message.
Optional : glue the additional beads as decoration around your flower.
Message Ideas : If mother's were flowers, I'd pick you // I picked this just for you // Thank you for helping me grow // My love for your is always growing
2. SUNCATCHER CARD
Materials Needed : Construction paper card, 2 sticky paper hearts, tissue paper pieces, string, scissors (not included)
1. Remove the paper backing off one of your sticky paper hearts.
2. Fill all the sticky areas with colored tissue paper.
3. When complete, trim the excess tissue paper hanging outside of your heart shape.
4. Take your second piece of the sticky paper heart and stick it to the tissue paper side of your suncatcher. You should now have an enclosed tissue paper heart suncatcher.
5. Using scissors or a hole punch, pop a hole in the upper center of your heart.
6. Attach a string through the hole and knot.
7. On your card, cut out a peek-a-boo shape on the front fold. Place your suncatcher heart behind the peek-a-boo shape to give a sneak peek at what is inside your card.
8. Add your message.
Message ideas : I love you to pieces // Mom, you are my sunshine // You make my world bright
3. POPUP CARD
Materials Needed : Construction paper card, construction paper for petals, scissors (not included), glue (not included)
1. Cut out the three petal shapes.
2. Fold 2 of the 3 petals in half the long way so it is symmetrical on both sides in the fold. 3. Cut 2, 1-2 inch cuts along folded edge of the green folded card. This will make a small tab in the middle of the card. 4. Invert the tab to fold inward of the green card. 5. With a small dot of glue, glue the folded petals to the flat petal keeping the folded petals about a half inch apart and then folds facing each other. Let dry. 6. Glue green leaves to the bottom-back of the green tab and three glued-together petals the upper-front on the green tab. Let dry. 7. Glue the completed, green card into the outside card. 8. Decorate and color as desired! Be creative and make mom's day with a beautiful card!
9. Add your message.
Message ideas : If mother's were flowers, I'd pick you // I picked this just for you // Thank you for helping me grow // My love for your is always growing